Looking for that edge when you’re seeking work here or overseas? We give our diploma graduates the ideal balance of management skills, industry insights and real world experience to take on exciting culinary management roles anywhere they choose.
DCA-Diploma in Culinary Arts & Kitchen Administration
TRAVEL THE WORLD WITH YOUR CAREER!
A career in culinary arts could take you all over the world with opportunities existing in hotels, catering companies and restaurants globally. The possibilities are endless. Culinary arts is the essence of the hospitality industry, and is an incredibly creative and rewarding profession.
Our courses are designed to give full time students the very best preparation for a career in culinary arts. You’ll develop the fundamental, and advanced culinary skills and the knowledge required in professional cooking and kitchen management using state of the art facilities.
A 14-MONTH INTENSIVE CULINARY TRAINING PROGRAM
- The Food Service Industry
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- First Aid
- Tools and Equipment Identification
- Knife Skills
- Palate Development and Taste Perception
- Flavor Profiling
- Menus, Recipes, and Cost Management
- Base Stocks
- Grand Sauces
- Modern Sauces
- Convenience Bases
- Servsafe Licensure Examination
- Basic Cooking Principles
- Culinary Nutrition
- Understanding and Cooking: Meats and Game
- Understanding and Cooking: Poultry and Game Birds
- Understanding and Cooking: Fish and Shellfish
- Understanding and Cooking: Soups
- Understanding and Cooking: Vegetables
- Understanding and Cooking:Potatoes
- Understanding and Cooking:Grains and Other Starches
- Understanding and Cooking:Pasta and Legumes
- Salads and Salad Dressings
- Egg Cookery
- Breakfast Preparations
- Hot and Cold Hors d’ oeuvres
- Kitchen Administration: Business Planning; Facilities Design and Layout; Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing; Materials Management Control; Warehousing and Distribution; Feasibility Studies;
- Charcuterie 1: Sausages and Cured Foods
- Charcuterie 2: Pates, and Terrines
- European Cuisine
- Asian Cuisine
- Filipino Cuisine
- Wine Appreciation
- Food and Wine Pairing
- Cheeses of the World
- Plated Menu Assembly-Beef
- Plated Menu Assembly-Pork
- Plated Menu Assembly-Poultry
- Plated Menu Assembly-Seafoods
- Market Basket Cooking 1: No Book, just Cook
- Market Basket Cooking 2: Honing
- Market Basket Cooking 3:Perfection and Mastery
- Signature Cuisines
- Simulation 1: Table d’hôte
- Simulation 2: On Premise Banquet
- Simulation 3: Off Premise Banquet
- Baking and Pastry Arts: Baking Principles; Applied Mathematics; Tools and Equipment
- Yeast Products and Quick Breads
- The Art of the Cake
- Pies and Pastries
- Frozen Desserts and Sauces
- Restaurant Desserts
- Internship Program – 192 hours
- Externship Program – 192 hours
U.S. INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Culinary Institute of Aristocrat is the ONLY Culinary School to date that offers an Exclusive 16-student per class ratio for effective student instruction, and is also proudly one of the few culinary schools in the country to offer a unique U.S. PAID Internship Program. Train only in the best 5-star rated hotels in the United States and get paid while learning in this exclusive culinary immersion program. Graduates of this 14 month Diploma Program may apply for this unique opportunity! Click here for details!
This program is aimed to provide students with the background and expertise necessary to enter the food service industry in entry to mid-level to top-level positions and to advance through a variety of related positions.
The Diploma in Culinary Arts & Kitchen Administration provides you with the opportunity to develop the knowledge and expertise required for management roles in the culinary industry for large hotels, fine dining restaurants, foodservice organizations, and broader culinary related roles. As part of the program, students have the chance to learn classical cooking methods and the qualitative aspects of food preparation, including nutrition and sanitation. Laboratory courses offer students the opportunity to achieve proficiency by meeting the rigorous standards established by the curriculum and defined by experienced chef instructors.
Students should progress to preparing food in quantity and become involved in both the front- and back-of-the-house operations in our on-site restaurants. and simulation rooms Emphasis is placed on timeliness, procedure, and organizational techniques, as well as on product quality. Students have the opportunity to also learn about restaurant operations from a corporate level and then break down the various components to study in detail how they can be applied to any food service establishment. Students have the opportunity to learn management theory and develop an understanding of effective leadership and how it can influence their environment.
Throughout the program you will study areas such as contemporary trends in industry, management, food and beverage knowledge, culture and cuisine, financial concepts, organizational behavior, nutrition for the culinary industry, global impacts on tourism activity, marketing, purchasing and logistics systems, applied culinary arts, managing financial performance, media and communications, gastronomy, human resource management, kitchen management, logistics for the food service industry, business planning, policy planning for a sustainable tourism and hospitality industry, strategic leadership and risk management.